Sunday, February 7, 2016

Chapter 1-4 Map

Chapter 1

The information in this chapter that most stood out to me was the different models of how disabilities/special needs are viewed. It was interesting to see how different the children were viewed in different circumstances and in different environments. The additional resources gained were the different statistics regarding the family as a whole and their characteristics, which was so shocking and sad to me.  Learning about the family, their characteristics, their ethnic backgrounds and how to deal with them, and life management skills will all be information that will be helpful to my future career no matter what my future career will be.

Chapter 2

Learning about the different types of supports in this chapter really gave me a different perspective on what role people play in your life and if the people in your life are actually necessary. This is helpful for the future because I will be able to observe the children and the people in their life and distinguish what type of support they offer to that child. Doing an ecomap and learning about Nicolette’s life gave me an idea of what it will be like to work with families and the right way to do it.

Chapter 3

What this chapter mostly focused on to me was the student and what matters most in the student’s life. The main things that are important are affection, spirituality, socialization, recreation, and their education. It brings in all aspects of their life and are vital to their success and how successful they will be. This helps me for my future career because it tells me what I need to focus on for every child I work with.

Chapter 4

Every family is completely different and I think it’s important for us as professionals/teachers to understand that every single child is going through something completely different, and possibly something we have no idea what it’s like to go through that specific thing. Sometimes different cycles happen “off cycle” and some happen on “on cycle”. We learn the correct way to transition through the different cycles and how to deal with things like death, finding out your child has special needs/disabilities, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment